- Hull, IA, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Functions include the following:
- Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Initiates, implements, and supervises the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the dairy industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering
- when necessary.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Supervises plant maintenance.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Drive training and coaching to ensure compliance with Safety standards and incident prevention.
- Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Departments.
Secondary Functions include the following:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Computer Literate
- Understand and obey all Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Understanding of Corporate QA policies, and have the ability to translate into workable plant procedures, including implementation and accountability to the policies
- Preferred but not required: Associates degree from two-year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field.
- Five years' experience in the maintenance and/or operation of a process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the dairy plant, maintenance is an asset.
- Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Requires the ability to communicate and document work.
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to move up and down stairs.
- Frequently move up to 60 pounds for 12 hour shifts.
- Able to move above about work stations in a manufacturing environment most of the shift.
- Be able to work at floor level, waist level, and shoulder level repetitively.
- Be able to work the shift assigned and fill in other shifts as needed.
- Be able to work weekends (including Saturday and Sunday) and off shifts if needed or assigned.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page