- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company match 401K,
The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for the effective cleaning and maintaining of the entire processing, packaging, and warehouse areas to ensure the plants are kept in a clan and healthy condition.
- Ensure compliance with all company and regulatory product quality standards, sanitation standards, food safety standards, employee safety and environmental standards.
- Create a work environment that reflects a commitment to protecting the health and safety of employees, food safety and quality of products.
- Enforce GMP's and implements HACCP processes and procedures.
- Maintain inventory of sanitation chemicals and supplies.
- Supervise, train, coach all sanitation associates on the assigned shift. Assist with sanitation activities as necessary.
- Train staff on proper usage of sanitation chemicals.
- Communicate with production in conjunction with the production schedule to ensure that all necessary areas are properly cleaned in a timely manner and according to SSOP procedures.
- Develop and modify as necessary written SSOP procedures.
- Work closely with management and production personnel on sanitation problems.
- Recommend changes to improve sanitation policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitor completed sanitation tasks and cleanliness of plant.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Coordinate with maintenance, production or others as appropriate to solve sanitation-related problems.
- Investigate all issues and apply corrective actions as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Position Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment, preferred.
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience handling sanitation chemicals.
- Excellent math skills including knowledge of liquid measures.
- Knowledge of various chemicals used in the sanitation process.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Ability to supervise employees and lead by example.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to work in climate that varies in temperature including working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Competencies Needed:
- Action Oriented: takes action when needed, gets job done effectively and efficiently.
- Attention to detail, quality and cleanliness are critical competencies for this position.
- Customer Focus: is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; act. with customers in mind
- Functional/Technical skills: has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Decision Quality: makes good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; most solutions are correct and accurate when judged over time.
- Integrity and Trust: is widely trusted, seen as direct, truthful and can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, does not misrepresent self for personal gain.
- Time management: uses time effectively and efficiently.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page