- Le Sueur, MN, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently hiring for a Production Supervisor.
- Supervises and coordinates workers engaged in the lactose operation, both edible and pharmaceutical grade while applying learned knowledge of processes involved and production methods.
- Plays key role in maintaining the quality of the products produced at our facility.
- Trains employees in work methods and procedures.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs/oversees setup and adjustments of machines.
- Drive training and coaching to ensure compliance with Safety standards and incident prevention.
- Ensures all areas of the plant are following company standard GMP's in their daily production runs.
- Able to complete and/or assist in the duties of all jobs related to production when circumstances demand.
- On call 24/7 and may be asked to report to the plant during non-regular scheduled hours.
- Shares responsibility for all aspects of plant functions as it relates to production.
- Ensure that all routine functions and mandatory paperwork are performed accurately and completed at the required frequencies.
- May be asked to perform periodic reviews of employees as directed by manager and/or Plant Manager.
- Address any human resource needs, relating to those being supervised, (in a timely manner) ensuring proper documentation and communication with necessary parties and HR department.
- Work with plant, corporate and client personnel to resolve day-to-day production tasks/needs as they arise.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail and multitask effectively
- Ability to read and understand SOP's
- Understand and troubleshoot product flow's, trace piping, and understand valves and pumps
- Computer Literate
- Able to properly document information legibly
- Understand and obey all Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Understanding of Corporate and Plant QA policies including implementation and accountability to the policies.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in Dairy Manufacturing specifically in the lactose department.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, OSHA, and FDA
- College degree or coursework in dairy production a plus.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Requires the ability to communicate and document work.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Track and maintain information on a database
- Be able to move up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Be able to move up and down stairs
- Able and willing to work safely with chemicals
- Ability to wear hearing protection
- Able to move above about work stations in a manufacturing environment for a 12 hour shift
- Be able to work at floor level, waist level, and shoulder level frequently
- Be able to work the shift assigned and fill in other shifts as needed
- Be able to work weekends (including Saturday and Sunday) and off shifts if needed or assigned
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page