- Appleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently hiring for an Engineering Intern.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the engineering intern will work closely with Project Engineers on drafting and project design using AutoDesk software. The Engineering Intern will convert paper drawings to electronic plans. They will also be instrumental in the creation of a drawing file database to organize plant drawings.
- Takes active participation in design reviews, design changes and the development of all projects when required.
- Prepares 2D and 3D design drawings using AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and/or Plant 3D.
- Effectively communicates with internal customers regarding designs and changes.
- Reads, understands and discusses technical requirements, plans, drawings, etc.
- Determines and follows quality and safety requirements, from a design perspective, in accordance with company needs, based on current standards, and best design practices.
- Receives guidance on technical issues from Project Engineers and Director of Engineering.
- Generates and prepares, as required, technical reports.
- Keeps all engineering clerical tasks up to date and filed properly.
- Job requires solid technical knowledge and skills along with project planning capability.
- Ability to resolve complex problems and issues.
- The candidate shall have problem-solving abilities as well as a three-dimensional conceptual ability.
- Ability to draft and comprehend technical drawings.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry preferred.
- Proficiency with 2-D CAD using AutoCAD
- Proficiency with 3-D CAD systems is not required, but helpful.
- The candidate shall have an understanding, but not required, in the use of GD&T standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential documents in high energy fast paced environment.
- The candidate shall have effective communication skills to be able to interface among all internal disciplines.
- Other important skills are creativity, attention to detail, computer literacy, technical knowledge, and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task work assignments.
- Strong work history demonstrating professionalism, ability to maintain confidentiality and work attendance.
- Have a professional appearance and manner.
- Requires the ability to communicate with employees and vendors in an office and manufacturing environment.
- Requires the ability to frequently use the computer and telephone.
- Also requires the ability to work safely around a construction environment.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page