- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently hiring for an Assistant Production Manager.
Maintain a productive, cost-efficient, high quality, production operation.
- Oversee the aseptic production operation: processing, filling and boxroom areas.
- Oversee the aseptic blending operation.
- Responsible for measuring work outcomes and processes and taking actions toward continuous improvement.
- Responsible for providing guidance and technical knowledge to customers. This includes being on all conference calls, taking part in customer visits, overseeing product trial runs.
- Schedule work for employees and temps.
- Responsible for productivity and quality management.
- Recommends equipment changes, staffing adjustments and maintenance support needs.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Responsible for working with employees and maintenance to provide a safe work environment.
- Communicate effectively with employees, customers, and management team members.
- Handle all equipment or chemicals safely, proactively report all safety concerns and ensure employees are doing the same.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree in operations or related field is preferred or minimum of 5 years Agropur production experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in food processing and/or dairy production or related manufacturing.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Possess strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Composure: calm under pressure, not defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature, can handle stress.
- Customer Focus: is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirement of internal and external customers; act with customers in mind.
- Decision quality: makes good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most solutions are correct and accurate when judged over time.
- Drive for Results: can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is bottom-line oriented steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Integrity and Trust: is widely trusted, seen as direct, truthful and can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, does not misrepresent self for personal gain.
- Function/Technical skills: has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Managing Diversity: manages all kinds of classes of people equitably, hires without regard to class, supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others: creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of people or team members, empowers others, invites input from others, shares ownership and visibility, makes each person feel their work is important.
- Priority Setting: quickly zeros in on what is important, eliminates roadblocks, and creates focus.
- Problem Solving: uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time Management: uses time effectively and efficiently.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page