- La Crosse, WI, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently looking for a Maintenance Manager.
The Maintenance Manager will provide necessary technical support and leadership, to direct, facilitate, and coordinate the performance, development, and improvement of the maintenance department and establish a capable, Continuously Improving, high quality Maintenance work force with focus on improving plant equipment reliability at the lowest sustainable cost. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for all aspects of the day to day maintenance and completion of activities that are integral to the operation of the systems running in the plant including but not limited to the building and facility, equipment and machinery including HVAC, building lighting systems, machines and production lines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility appearance. Directly supervise and manage the Maintenance Project Engineer and maintenance team including but not limited to; hiring, training, development and performance, scheduling staff, assigns work, and setting department goals and objectives. Will work closely with all department managers.
- Oversee and maintain all equipment, which includes but is not limited to: design and layout of equipment, electrical control panels, and production lines; research and purchase necessary equipment and parts; troubleshoot and install electrical equipment; and monitor and approve invoices.
- Develop and evaluate personnel performance levels, as necessary, to provide feedback on performance and discuss possible areas for improvement and/or growth opportunities.
- Initiates root cause analysis of equipment/machinery failures and develops suitable repair solutions or PM plan to reduce and/or possibly eliminate reoccurrence of failure.
- Ensure the development of sound predictive and preventative maintenance programs that will reduce unplanned shutdowns and continuously improve plant reliability, profitability and product quality.
- Implement change management, best practices, and standardization of work processes in the area of responsibility.
- Periodically evaluate program's effectiveness and modify accordingly to insure optimum reliability/cost benefits are maintained.
- Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
- Actively participate in the safety programs to improve, promote and enforce safety procedures and policies.
- Direct and manage the Maintenance resources to meet and exceed all safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Present training courses for maintenance department and others in the plant as it pertains to equipment usage and maintenance.
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Responsible for food safety and quality. Solid and effective collaboration with Production Operations, Warehouse Operations, and Quality group is essential to create success on the factory floor.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Other job related duties may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to operate equipment including but not limited to the following: welders, drills, saws, grinders, wrenches and screwdrivers, punches and presses, rollers, hoists, jacks, cars, forklifts, man lifts, ladders, testers, chemical test kits, plant-specific machinery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite including; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, internet/intranet and other organizational specific software.
- Experience using office equipment including printer, 10-key calculator, fax/copy machine, multiline/voicemail telephone system and others as needed.
- Stays current in field and utilizes that information where practical.
- Reasoning skills: follow written, verbal and/or diagrammatic instructions; solve practical problems; interpret verbal and written instructions; logical thinking to solve problems including abstract and concrete variables; address practical problems; comprehend most complex concepts.
- Math skills: basic math plus fractions, decimals and percentages, as well as algebraic calculations.
- Language skills: exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, make own appointments, etc.); interview to gather information; advise others on alternatives/options; coach and counsel others; speak in front of groups; read, understand and explain technical data; complete simple checklists and fill out forms; compose routine business.
- Minimum of 5+ years in maintenance, engineering and / or operations management roles is required.
- 3-5 years minimum supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities coupled with excellent broad based technical skills and good business acumen.
- Willingness and ability to work hours in a 24/7 operation as needed to meet business demands, required.
- Strong organizational, planning, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Track record of success in Safety, Reliability, Quality, and employee involvement and an ability to promote/develop maintenance excellence is desired. Credibility and respect across the organization is important.
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Physical requirements: constant exposure to dust, dirt, food allergens, oil and grease, machine noise and vibrations, temperature extremes for boiler work and weather conditions, dampness for washing equipment, chemical/solvents, electrical shock when installing and trouble shoot equipment; and significant work pace to keep production lines running.
- Alternates walking, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, twisting/turning, and bending throughout work shift; climbs stairs and ladders; pushes/pulls and lifts/carries up to 75 pounds of equipment; use fingers and grasp items.
- Repetitive use of keyboard approximately four (4) or more hours per day;
- Frequent use of telephone;
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication;
- Constant visual such as near-, mid-, and far-range vision, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Hours of work are generally during regular business hours and average at least 45 hours a week. There will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, community events, and other concerns.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page