- St. Paul, MN, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently looking for a Senior Accountant.
Responsible for the overall accuracy of the company's lease and fixed asset records. This position will work with Management to identify, analyze and evaluate capital projects. Compile the company's annual capital budget and monitor and communicate variances between actual, budgeted and project capital spending. Assist with journal entry preparation, monthly and year-end close, audits and bank reconciliations
- Ensure that capital expenditures, fixed assets additions, retirements, transfers, depreciation, and other activity are recorded in compliance with GAAP/ IFRS and company policy.
- Prepare capital and financial analysis using cost savings, ROI/IRR/NPV principals.
- Perform all fixed asset accounting transactions and period-end close activities.
- Accurately prepare the fixed asset roll-forward schedules.
- Monitor capital projects activity and spending levels, obtain status updates from project managers and identify any material over spending.
- Compile the company's annual capital and R&M budget, assist operating groups with the budget process, make recommendations and prepare presentations for management.
- Forecast multiyear capital spending & depreciation.
- Analyze fixed asset and intangible general ledger accounts and prepare accurate, timely reconciliations.
- Provide on-going service to internal customers. Includes recommending best practices, answering inquiries and preparing various asset-related reports as requested.
- Perform detailed financial statement analyses. Assist with audit related issues and projects that involve varying degrees of involvement and complexity.
- Handle all facets of Spare Parts Inventory and review Repair & Maintenance accounts.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Perform job requirements in a discrete and professional manner.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy
- Integrity and Trust: is widely trusted, seen as direct, truthful and can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, does not misrepresent self for personal gain.
- Customer Focus: is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind
- Drive for Results: can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is bottom-line oriented steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional/Technical skills: has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings on both cool data and controversial topics, commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation
- Priority Setting: quickly zero in on what is important, eliminate roadblocks, create focus.
- Problem Solving: uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time management: uses time effectively and efficiently.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CMA preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on fixed asset management, account variance analysis and audit support.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Must be self-motivated and able to initiate action.
- Understanding and application of US GAAP/ IFRS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and ERP systems.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page