Agropur is currently looking for a Part Time FARM Evaluator.
To assess animal welfare conditions through interview of producers and observation of cattle on Agropur farms supplying milk to our facilities, utilizing the National Dairy FARM program. Assume responsibility for promoting the image of Agropur with producers and the community.
- Interview producers on animal health and welfare related record keeping, operating procedures, farm employee policy and more.
- Objectively assess the mobility, condition, cleanliness and overall general appearance of all classifications of dairy cattle, including the quality of the environment where they are kept.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively verbalize and type up the action plans along with follow up communications from each evaluation.
- Must have baseline knowledge and operating skills of electronic tablet, cellular devices, personal computer and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Responsible for daily communication with Producer Services Manager and/or Field Representatives.
- Coordinate scheduling of appointments and follow up with dairy producers through Field Representatives.
- Must recertify annually with the National Dairy FARM Program.
- Maintain and improve the image of Agropur within the community and dairy industry.
- The above statement of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in dairy science, agricultural business, food science, bacteriology, veterinary science and/or dairy production is required.
- Years' experience AND Bachelor of Science degree; OR 8+ years of on-farm experience in the dairy industry
License or Certificate Required:
- Valid driver's license,
- Farmers Assuring Responsible Management (FARM) Evaluation Certification. (Agropur will provide FARM training; evaluator must take one day training and pass with an 80% or higher on written exam).
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page