- Human Capital
- Hull, IA, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is looking for a Human Capital Business Partner.
The Human Capital Business Partner works with the General Manager, Plant Controller, the management team, and the Director of Human Capital to build, maintain, and manage a productive workforce. The function of this position includes administration and compliance with corporate goals, governmental regulations, recruitment, company policy administration, compensation, worker's compensation, OSHA log maintenance, FMLA administration, uniform corrective action and discipline, benefits administration, effective employee relations and performance management.
- Ensure all departments are fully staffed.
- Work with supervisory and management team to identify organizational staffing needs and opportunities
- Write and place advertisements for open positions
- Conduct employee interviews for all position
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans to identify talent within and outside Agropur inc. for progressive development
- Work with the General Manager and management team to develop effective recruiting strategies hiring exceptional, team-focused individuals
- Coordinate and ensure effective orientation program
- Make recommendations for competitive compensation and benefits programs which will provide motivation, incentives and rewards for sustained effective performance
- Handle employee relations in a way that promotes professional behavior, equal opportunities, fair administration of policies and procedures, and follows all legal standards
- Assists management in fostering a working environment conducive to high productivity and positive morale through employee relations activities and communication
- Serve as a resource for department managers to provide information on coaching, performance evaluations, training, employee development, general HR forms, etc.
- Maintain organizational chart
- Conducts employee exit interviews
- Maintains personnel files, I-9 documents, and other filing systems
- Advance and monitor the performance evaluation program. Ensure practices conform to policy and the program ensures and effective and valuable tool for setting and measuring performance objectives.
- Determine need for seasonal summer staffing and hire as needed
- Establish and foster positive employee relations among all employees within Agropur inc. holding each individual accountable through employee handbook policies, safety and security guidelines and general acceptable conduct
- Clear understanding of company benefit programs.
- Gains knowledge of new developments in the area of employee benefits.
- Effectively communicate and administer current benefit package and benefit program changes, including benefits enrollment, monitoring billing, making changes to coverage, and providing information
- Assist with employee questions related to benefits and ensure they are properly enrolled
- Enroll employees in company-paid short-term disability plan and facilitate short-term disability eligibility and implementation for qualified employees
- Maintain current working knowledge of Agropur policies and procedures, and ensuring that Agropur is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that corrective action and disciplinary policies are followed uniformly throughout the company; work with manager team to ensure appropriate documentation and effective communication of disciplinary actions
- Maintain up-to-date employment files to include all benefit eligibility data, COBRA eligibility, FMLA reporting, HIPAA compliance, GMP and other mandatory compliances, job applications, 401(k) eligibility, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding human resources/human capital.
- Attend and participate in legal proceedings on behalf of Agropur inc. including workers compensation, unemployment proceedings and other necessary legal requirements
- Maintain OSHA 200 log and capture all pertinent data related to workers' comp claims; maintain accurate information on all injuries; collaborate with work comp insurance provider to ensure prompt and proper handling of all work comp claims
- Manage worker's compensation claims and cases in coordination with the Corporate Safety Director and company insurance carrier
- Administer proper FMLA eligibility and tracking
- Maintain employee handbook; provide updates as necessary
- Prepare and maintain job descriptions, review bi-annually
- Continuing education to gain knowledge of HR topics to ensure compliance with all applicable laws
- Manage the uniform program to ensure that appropriate uniforms are provided for each employee and that uniforms meet the requirements for food production and are within OSHA compliance for maintenance uniforms.
- Coordinate internal employee support programs including the safety shoe program
- Participation in company workshops
- Complete wage surveys
- Creates and distributes facility newsletter
- Assist with company events Christmas party, CheeseFest, etc.
- Must handle and maintain highly confidential information
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience required.
- Two to Four years of related experience in human resources preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page