- Jerome, ID, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is looking for a vacation relief technician for our cheese side.
Essential Functions include the following:
- Carry out all tasks of cheese plant operators when relieving in the following positions: Milk Receiving, HTST, Starter, and Packaging.
- Provide shift coverage during employee vacation time; provide break relief during regular shifts.
- Train in on all positions and provide training to others as needed.
- Carry out duties as requested by Cheese Operations and Plant Manager.
- Understand and follow all GMP and safety standards.
- Follow work instructions set forth by Standard Operation Procedures and Master Sanitation Schedules.
- Perform all CIP's, Master Sanitation items, and titrations to insure a high standard of sanitation.
- Ensure safe operation and sanitary use of equipment.
- Report any issues with equipment to manager or supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work place that is free of safety hazards.
- Able to communicate with Supervisor on any variances in make plans.
- Take all area samples for micro and analytical results in a timely manner.
- Uses proper personal protective equipment at all times.
- Communicate all production issues with Production Supervisor.
Secondary Functions include the following:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail and multitask effectively.
- Able to properly document information legibly onto the production and master sanitation log sheets.
- Understand all Production and CIP circuit flows.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in food plant manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Requires the ability to communicate and document work.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Capable of moving up and down stairs.
- Frequently move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand and move about work stations in a manufacturing environment for up to 12 hours.
- Frequently work at floor level, waist level, and shoulder level.
- Be able to work the shift assigned and fill in other shifts as needed with short notice.
- Availability to work weekends (including Saturday and Sunday) and mandatory overtime as needed.
- Able to work with chemicals.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including supervisors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page