- La Crosse, WI, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager.
Plan, coordinate, and direct Quality Compliance staff and department to ensure compliance to third party audit requirements, federal & state regulations, customer requirements, and internal company policies & procedures. Achieve department goals by direct involvement, through management of subordinates, and collaboration with other departments.
- Manage the department and direct supervision of staffing; this includes but is not limited to hiring, training, evaluating performance, disciplining, wage review, and scheduling or directing the work.
- Mentor and develop staff to ensure they have the proper skills and knowledge to effectively perform the required duties and deliver the required results.
- Direct and manage your staff to ensure:
- Compliance with state and federal regulations, third party audit requirements (including but not limited to SQF & NSF) customer requirements, and internal quality programs. Prompt and complete follow up on corrective actions noted in audits.
- HACCP plan is managed, maintained and improved as requirements and internal processes change. HACCP requirements are met on a continuous basis.
- Pre-requisite programs (as defined in SQF 2000) are effective and updated/improved as required. Programs are compliant with requirements and documentation is current.
- New product introduction process is efficient and maintaining effective partnerships with Innovation, Sales, and Purchasing.
- Onsite customer, regulatory, and 3rd party audits are managed properly; including prompt follow up and corrective action where necessary.
- Organic, Kosher, Halal, NSF Sport, NSF Gluten Free, and Informed Choice certifications are maintained for existing products and new product introductions when applicable.
- Raw material and finished product specifications are accurate and properly maintained in our computer systems; including the development of specifications for new raw materials and new finished products.
- Food safety & quality training provided to plant operation is effective.
- Pest control program is effective and managed properly.
- Environmental monitoring program is effective in maintaining a sanitary condition within the plant, including prompt follow up on out of spec conditions and investigation of root cause/effective preventive action plans.
- Product labels are reviewed and approved to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Vendor approval program is effective and risks are being identified/mitigated; ingredient and vendor documentation is up to date and filed.
- Customer complaint program is being managed properly; including investigation, root cause analysis, corrective action, and timely written response back to customer.
- Review quality agreements between Agropur Ingredients and prospect customers prior to signing, propose revisions as needed and assist sales in negotiations of revised agreements.
- Stay current with changes to 3rd party audit and regulatory agency requirements (SQF, NSF, FDA, WDA).
- Provide technical support to customers when needed.
- Responsible for food safety and quality. Also acts as back up for food safety and quality for Quality Control Lab Supervisor and Quality Assurance Specialist III.
- Serve on Safety Committee, Leadership Team and other committees as needed.
- Updates knowledge and develop professionally on a continuing basis.
- Other job related duties may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite including; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, internet/intranet and other organizational specific software.
- Experience using office equipment including printer, 10-key calculator, fax/copy machine, multiline/voicemail telephone system and others as needed.
- Supervises regulatory department.
- Due to the nature of this position employee will have regular contact with almost all employees for the purpose of obtaining and providing information.
- Has regular contact with regulatory agencies (FDA, WDATCP, USDA, SQF, NSF, Kosher organizations, Oregon Tilth), customers, and vendors for the purpose of audits or quality related issues.
- Stays current in field and utilizes that information where practical.
- Reasoning skills: follow written, verbal and/or diagrammatic instructions; solve practical problems; interpret verbal and written instructions; scientific thinking to solve problems including abstract and concrete variables; address practical problems; comprehend most complex concepts.
- Math skills: basic math plus fractions, decimals, percentages, algebraic calculations, and statistical inference. Language skills: exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, make own appointments, etc.); interview to gather information; advise others on alternatives/options; coach and counsel others; speak in front of groups; read, understand and explain technical data; compose routine business correspondence.
- Requires Bachelors of Science Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or other related science field.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in food or dietary supplement manufacturing with at least 5 of those years in a supervisory level position in the food or dietary supplement industry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong supervisory skills; working knowledge of food regulations, dietary supplement regulations, and labeling laws; HACCP and SQF Certified required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Work performed largely in an office and manufacturing environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasional out-of-town and overnight business travel (air or auto) may be required for business and education.
- Physical requirements: exposure to dust, noise, chemicals/solvents, and food allergens; regular mental and visual concentration for computer usage; frequent repetitive use of keyboard approximately four (4) or more hours per day; frequent use of telephone; constant visual such as near-, mid-, and far-range vision, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision; alternates walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, turning/twisting, and bending throughout work shift; climbs stairs and ladders; lifts up to 55 pounds of product; ability to push and pull; ability to use fingers and grasp items; occasionally perform repetitive motions on production lines; ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication.
- Hours of work are generally during regular business hours and average at least 45 hours a week.
- There will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, community events, and other concerns.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page