- Le Sueur, MN, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is currently looking for a Cheese Packaging Operator at our Le Sueur Cheese Plant.
- Places packing materials in/on equipment to catch cheese dispense.
- Monitors machinery controls and packaging output
- Weighs cheese product for proper specifications and seals the package
- Follows work instructions set forth by Standard Operation Procedures and Master Sanitation Schedules.
- Operates packaging machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspects product packaging and casing, ensuring that each product is passable for quality assurance.
- Provides samples of product for quality lab testing.
- Maintains a clean work place that is free of safety hazards.
- Cleans work stations and equipment during sanitation cycles.
- Uses proper personal protective equipment at all times.
- Understands and obeys all Good Manufacturing Practices.
Secondary Functions include the following:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Computer literate.
- Able to properly document information legibly onto the production and master sanitation log sheets.
- Ability to read, understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Master Sanitation Schedules.
- Knowledge of FDA and HAACP.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Attentive to detail and can multitask effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate and document work.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Occasionally move up to 40 pounds during 12 hour shifts.
- Seldom move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Able to stand and move about work stations in a manufacturing environment for up to 12 hours.
- Frequently work at floor level, waist level, and shoulder level.
- Capable of moving up and down stairs.
- Responsible for working assigned shifts on time and may be called on to fill in other shifts as needed.
- Availability to work weekends (including Saturday and Sunday) and mandatory overtime as needed.
- Able to work with chemicals.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Break times are given to employees that work over 8 hours with break time varying based on production.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including supervisors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
cheese, packaging, machine, operator
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page