- Le Sueur, MN, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA plans; Life, Disability, and 401(k)
Agropur is looking for an Associated Scientist, Applied R&D.
Position Summary: The Associate Scientist in Applied R&D plans and executes experiments and production trials in laboratory and pilot plant settings, conducts subsequent data analysis, and prepares project reports. The purpose of this work is to develop new products/processes or to modify existing products/processes.
Essential Functions include the following:
- Assigned to projects or segments of applied R&D projects as directed.
- Performs analytical testing to support applied R&D projects.
- Ability to do bench-top experiments and analysis. Ability to operate pilot-scale equipment.
- Provides and applies basic knowledge and problem-solving abilities to research and commercial efforts.
- Executes projects by designing and conducting experiments.
- Records, collates, evaluates, and interprets experimental and commercial data and converts into relevant reports with appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Ability to work in close proximity to and share work space with others.
- Ability to work with and without supervision.
- Well organized and motivated.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Good work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to read and follow instructions; excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to function well under changes in project prioritization and in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrates good cooperation with production personnel and schedules.
Secondary Functions include the following:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Gains knowledge of the product development process.
- Computer literate.
- Able to properly document information legibly.
- Understands and obeys all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective spelling, grammar, and written communication skills. Effective oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- B.S. Food Science, Dairy Science, Analytical Chemistry or Engineering or other relevant curriculum.
- Experience in dairy plant and/or laboratory preferred.
- Ability to work in a pilot plant, lab, and/or manufacturing environment with equipment and raw ingredients.
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours in order to accommodate research activities.
- Ability to work effectively and appropriately in pilot plant, lab, and/or manufacturing environment with the following conditions: Strong odors, wetness, chemicals, reagents, product dust.
- Ability to move up and down stairs.
- Occasionally move heavy objects with assistance if necessary.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page