- Production - MI
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Company Match 401K
Agropur is currently looking for an Aseptic Production Supervisor.
Maintain a productive, cost-efficient, high-quality, production operation.
- Oversee the ESL/Aseptic production operation: processing, filling and box room areas.
- Responsible for measuring work outcomes and processes and taking actions toward continuous improvement.
- Schedule work for employees and temps.
- Responsible for productivity and quality management.
- Recommends equipment changes, staffing adjustments and maintenance support needs.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Responsible for working with employees and maintenance to provide a safe work environment
- Communicate effectively with employees, maintenance, quality, management and other team members.
- Handle all equipment or chemicals safely, proactively report all safety concerns and ensure employees are doing the same.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree in operations or related field is preferred or minimum of 5 years Agropur production experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in food processing and/or dairy production or related manufacturing.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Possess strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with team members.
- Composure: calm under pressure, not defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature, can handle stress.
- Customer Focus: is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; act. with customers in mind.
- Decision Quality: makes good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most solutions are correct and accurate when judged over time.
- Drive for Results: can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Integrity and Trust: is widely trusted, seen as direct, truthful and can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, does not misrepresent self for personal gain.
- Functional/Technical skills: has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Managing Diversity: manages all kinds of classes or people equitably, hires without regard to class, supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others: creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of people or team members, empowers others, invites input from others, shares ownership and visibility, makes each person feel their work is important.
- Priority Setting: quickly zero in on what is important, eliminate roadblocks, create focus.
- Problem Solving: uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time management: uses time effectively and efficiently.
AA/EEO Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page